Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What's your list life like?

How many lists do you have?

I am a list man, but I am not a LIST man.

I don't do lists for lists sake.  I do however have a  list of things to do. If I do something that is not on the list, I put in on the list and then cross it off.  That makes be a list man, I am sure.

However,  I keep my lists to minimum.  At least that is what I thought until I started counting them the other day.


  1. -- The to do list.  I have a written one and I have been experimenting with online organizers -- haven't found the perfect one yet.
  2. Bookmarks list in Google Chrome -- it is getting big, but is
    not yet unwieldy.  And, it is classified so I can find what I need quickly.
  3. Passwordslist.  Need this, since I am access the internet though three devices these days.
  4. The history list of sites I have visited -- on all three devices and three different browsers.
  5. My start page list in my Chrome browser -- it does the work for me by listing bookmarks, history and websites I use frequently.
  6. My email in box -- well not so much the inbox but the several dozen folders I stuff things in-- to keep track of projects, things I want to refer to again, and ideas I am developing.
  7. My email client also has several of my contact lists -- one I imported, another is a list of contact emails from saved emails sent to me, and several for different projects.  I haven't imported my big email list into that yet, but I will get around to it soon.
  8. My email client also has a list of sorts in the calendar -- birthdays, events and other important dates.
  9. I have list in Preceden.com where I track my technology life. I have it divided by my Business timeline and by my private timeline.
  10. I have a list on Pearltrees.com that is quite extensive. Its about several technology areas that I like to keep up with -- the good thing about it is that this is a shared list -- others that follow these topics add to the list -- I get the benefit of their finds.
  11. I use OneTab -- when my browser tabs get too cluttered, I push the OneTab icon and it closes all the tabs, but keeps a list of them on the one tab it keeps open.  That way I can get back to any of them quickly.
  12. I use SpringPad to keep a record of special things I want to refer back to.
  13. I also use Archify -- I know, this is redundant, but I like having things taken care of for me such as my web footprints.
  14. And I use GetPocket -- mainly for things I don't have time to read now.
  15. I am experimenting with Clipboard and NoteBoard and others.
  16. I use BufferApp.com to keep up with my tweets and their stats.
  17. I use StatCounter to keep up with stats on my web sites-- 8 different lists.
  18. On Twitter, I have lists of my 287 followers and 491 whom I follow.
     I am following and 787 tweets I have sent out.
  19. I also make good use of the Twitter lists -- I have 20 lists -- most of them public but some private ones to. The public ones include News, Texas News, Southeast Texas Tweeters and more.
  20. I also use Linkedin -- where I have a list of 387 connections and 18 groups I follow.
  21. I could add a few more. ( Heck who am I kidding, I could add a couple dozen more -- Facebook, Google+,Youtube, Google Docs, iGoogle ( I read a lot of RSS feeds so I am converting over to Feedly ), and don't get me started on all the lists on Google Dashboard and my web site hosting spaceWhat I am looking for in #21 is a way to depublicate these lists, bring it all together and give me the extra power that the Internet promised.
What's your list life like?

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha! We have a lot in common. All the different ones gives us the feeling that we have our life under control, but the reality is that deep burning desire to find the ONE thing that will pull it all together. It seems the more we try to be organized, the less we are. It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete